About The Event
Join us for a day focused on helping your small business access the resources, support and opportunities you need to grow. Hosted by the Business Growth Collaborative—a network of 11 entrepreneurial support organizations in Northeast Ohio—the day is structured to allow business owners and their teams gain access to the specific tools that best match their unique needs at no cost to the small business.
Each attendee's plan for the day specifically addresses their most pressing challenges and focuses on creating connections to the people, training and resources that will help their business grow.
The day includes:
• An exhibit hall comprised of small business support organizations and resource providers, including Business Growth Collaborative Partners and other businesses focused on supporting entrepreneurs.
• One-on-one appointments with organizations offering personalized advice on how to address specific business needs.
• “Speed networking” tables attendees can rotate through, meeting new people, making new connections and discussing pertinent topics.
• Hands-on workshops focused on the most common small business needs, interests and challenges.
Intellectual Property 101
presented by Luis Carrion, Partner, Renner Otto
Using Capital to Start and Grow a Business
presented by Jasmine Dixon, Capital Advisor, ECDI – Economic & Community Development Institute
Create a Sales Plan
presented by Paul Federico, Vice President Corporate & Member Relations, GCP
presented by Joseph Pilla, VP - Advanced Strategies &
Business Advisory Services, 21st Century Financial Inc.
Developing a Product Customers Want
presented by Brandon Cornuke, Vice President of Startup Services, MAGNET
Credit & Money Management
presented by Shashonna Duckworth, Regional Financial Coach, Operation Hope
Focus on Your Business Goals: SMART Tasks & Milestones
presented by Lorne Novick, Senior Partner, Services & Deal Flow Management, JumpStart
presented by Lamont Mackley, Partner, Core City Services & Outreach, JumpStart
Small Business Research and Innovation Grants for Innovative Companies
presented by Dave Salay, Sr. Program Manager, OAI – Ohio Aerospace Institute
presented by Anthony Gillespie, Sr. Program Manager, OAI – Ohio Aerospace Institute
Making Your Business Legal
presented by Felicia Townsend Ivey, Business Advisor CBA,Minority Business Assistance Center, Urban League of Greater Cleveland
• A social media lab where business owners can develop their brand image by creating a social media presence onsite at the event on the major social channels of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
• Complimentary professional headshots. - courtesy of Dollar Bank
• A video lounge where attendees can film a 15- to 30-second pitch video to promote their business.
Business Growth Collaborative Partners:
The Business Growth Collaborative is a partnership of entrepreneurial support organizations committed to seeing the growth of businesses in the City of Cleveland and its surrounding neighborhoods, with a special focus on minority-owned businesses. The BGC accomplishes this mission by sharing resources, achieving milestones for clients across our organizations, and streamlining the service ecosystem.
FREE for members
FREE for non-members
RegisterQuestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1 I-X Center Dr.
Cleveland, Ohio 44135
Download to Calendar